"Pop-door" Definition, Please!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Weasleymum, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Weasleymum

Weasleymum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2008
    Virginia
    I have noticed several coop-builders refer to a 'pop-door'. It seems to just be a chicken-sized door connecting the coop to the run. Is there anything more to it-- like it can open from inside but not from the outside, or something like that? Would a little chicken tractor (that has no human-sized door, obviously) still refer to the chickens' entrance door as a pop-door?

2. roosmom

roosmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    upper peninsula
    [​IMG] Hi, I think that it would be referred to as the same, a "pop door". I do not think it matters what side the door opens on. But, the "pop door" can be opened from the inside only. It depends on how you want to set it up.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  3. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Pop door n the entrance by which chickens can fit and we cannot and therefore must detour into the coop to catch them.

4. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    It's also called a pop-hole. It is just the "little" door that only the chickens can go through. It makes no difference whether it opens from the inside, outside, up or sideways.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by