pop doors, hinged, sliders, powered

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by 3forfree, Mar 4, 2013.

1. 3forfree

3forfree Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    essexville, michigan
    What's your favorite pop door for your coop? hinged, sliders, powered, and why do you like it. Pics too.

2. chfite

chfite Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2011
    Taylors, SC
    Guillotine. Secure when closed. If the lower lip is blocked, even you won't be able to open it from the outside without tools. Open with a pull rope. Gravity closes it, when the rope is released. Absent a pulley, no hardware is required. Does not become blocked easily, except when something is in the bottom lip to keep it from closing completely.

No photo, but here is a thread with photos. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/434286/chicken-pop-door-plan

Chris

3. hotrodflash

hotrodflash Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2012
    East Texas
    Mine is a flap with a rope attached that acts like a pulley system, It runs through the rafters across to the door and has 2 loops, one to keep it open and the second to keep it closed. It can be reached without stepping in to the coop. Door is cut between the studs and attached with a door hinge.

4. jrudolph305

jrudolph305 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2009
    Meadows of Dan, Va
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just some eye bolts and pulleys--last photo should be rotated--guillotine keeps door locked.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by