Popcorn and Lissann chicken's first spat,,,,

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by WriterofWords, Feb 19, 2009.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Well it was bound to happen, moving can be really hard on a couple, trying to settle in a new house, control the kids, meet the neighbors,, We got home really late tonight because I had conferences until 7, then stopped at a friends place for homemade sour kraut and dumplings,, anyway it was dark, cold, and a roo was missing.. a new roo,,, Popcorn.

Steven went out to close the coop, shut their kennel up, and everyone was inside except Popcorn,,,, the bigger little ones were in their kennel, but Lissy was in her big one all alone,, staring into the next pen, through the 6 foot fence,,, you could see in her face all was not well. So Steven went into the other pen to close the coop, shone the light in to count butts on the perch and on the milk crates,,,, there was one fuzzy butt too many,,, and it was reallllllly big white one! It was Popcorn! He was roosting in the coop with the little ladies, the two bigger ladies, Buffy and Fuzzy Butt, and the litte BR Cochin roo Little Foot. He was up there snuggled warmly between Show Off and Fuzzy! So Steven dislodged a couple of ladies, took him off the perch, took him back to his lady and put him in the kennel with her. She promptly turned her back on him, went to the back of the kennel and settled in with her feathered fanny towards him. He never even woke up being moved so boy will he be surprised in the morning!

2. ChickenDreamer

ChickenDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    Northern Ontario
    Oh that is too funny!

3. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Ahhhhhh I think they might be headed for divorce court! Opened the kennel,, he walked out, she walked out, he went to the fence to stare longingly at Fuzzy Butt and she went to the other fence and snuggled up to Sparkle! Let's hope it's just a bump in the road for the two, we might have to get a mediator in there!

4. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Well tonight I fed at 4:30 because of Friday night basketball games, Popcorn was in the pen with the rest of his family. We get home at 9 and he's asleep roosting in the coop again while his family stares through the fence. I'm going to have to figure something out over the weekend I guess,,, he's getting along just fine with everyone in the coop, including the resident roo Little Foot. The hens don't seem to mind him at all whereas they get really upset when Nugget or Sparkle go in there.

ETA: He woke up being moved this time and got pretty upset about it!!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by