Popcorn's new roost,,, 8 feet off the ground! pic

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by WriterofWords, Feb 21, 2009.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Popcorn seems to be finding his way, he found it into the other coop pen, he found it into the backyard, he found out over the fence, now he found it onto a pole that is just a tad over 8 feet tall.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

I think Popcorn is happy!!!!!

3. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I think he is too, he fits in with the other roos, they get along well. He needs to chill on his attitude towards me, but hey, I'm the human, I'll pluck him nekkid if I have too! He does need to stay out of the backyard though, two of the dogs aren't chicken friendly unless they are covered in Gravy Train!

4. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    He certainly looks good! I'm glad he is fitting in with the other roos. As for you, I think you need the magic purple spoon!

5. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] You'll have to frame those two pics side by side in a pic frame for his daddy...that was good to see, how well he feels about everything. Now if he'd quit being so proud and leave the dogs their territory...Mr Big Stuff might keep us all smiling for awhile longer:) But, he's awful proud...c'mon Popcorn, prove how smart you are and stay clear of the dogs!!! He's truly a character!

6. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    [​IMG] Awesome!!!! I hope he isnt thinking about going back to Texas! [​IMG]

7. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Quote:Heck if he faces South and strains a little he can SEE Texas!

8. chickenbuddy

chickenbuddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    What breed is he? He's very handsom.

9. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

[​IMG] thats MY BOY!!!!
    that is just soo coolies,, and funny, lol, he wouldnt even jump up on top of my 4ft fence,, i didnt think he could fly [​IMG]

man writer,, you just made my whole week, maybe month!!
    about his "tude" ,,,,, [​IMG] sorry,, but it sounds like he's a little better then here lol,, maybe he feels like he's having a vacation hehe,, i was expecting a pic of him in the stew pot [​IMG]

Thankies SOOOOoooooo MUCH,, made an old hippy's mind ease...

10. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    You'd never guess who is BFF is? Remember the ugly little Turken I entered in the ugly chicken close to a year ago? They are inseperable now! I couldn't find the Turk man a little big ago and I went to make sure Pops was in the right pen, and look who is in the background in the pic:
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by