Popping Eggs Everywhere.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by digger455, Aug 18, 2010.

1. digger455

digger455 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2010
    What a racket I have out in the coop. I woke up late this morning went to let chickens out there by the door was a egg waiting for me, Sence then I got one more. 2 in the boxes singing. one outside doing the same behind a board up against fence. HEN SONGS everywere. I was feeling good getting one egg a day. Then all of a sudden WOW. I thought rooster were loud. First time raising chicken, something new everyday. I want to pick a couple hens and put them in the nest box, but do not want to shake them up.

Digger

2. digger455

digger455 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 25, 2010
    Hey I Got 2 More. 4 In One Day.

3. sunflowerenvy

sunflowerenvy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    south/west tn
    yes go ahead a put hen in box when she sitting down then they will lay the egg there from now on lol

4. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Wonderful! [​IMG]
    get some fake eggs, or plastic Easter eggs glued shut, and put those in the nesting boxes. They want to lay where some other hen felt it was safe to lay. It took a while to convince my hens that they did not all have to squeeze into one box to lay. Broken eggs and angry hens...then I put in the plastic ones, no problem.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by