Popping in to make an introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MrsMonty1995, Mar 29, 2016.

1. MrsMonty1995

MrsMonty1995 Just Hatched

Mar 29, 2016
    St Mary of the Woods IN
    Hello all!

I am not new to raising chickens, but don't consider myself an expert. We raised Leghorns, Black and Red Sex-Links, Silver-Laced Wyandottes, and New Hampshire Reds for a while in Ohio before we moved to a temporary location in Illinois (the flock was given a good home on 15 acres).

We now live in a small village outside of Terre Haute, Indiana and recently brought home 11 chicks, now 2.5 or so weeks old. Four are Leghorns, 5 are Easter Eggers,and two we believe (but are not sure yet) are Production Reds (all pullets, hopefully).

Looking forward to getting good advice, sharing stories, and getting to know my feathered babies better.

Signed,
    Christie (aka Crazy Chicken Lady)

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Christie, you join a long, long , long line of Crazy chicken ladies on BYC. You'll fit in just fine here. When they are 6-8 weeks. you could post pictures of them at "what breed or gender is this." Folks there are pretty good at what they do. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  3. MrsMonty1995

Mar 29, 2016
    St Mary of the Woods IN
    Thanks for the welcome! I have been scouring the Internet trying to find out what those two chicks are, but my husband keeps telling me to wait a few weeks or so to see how they look. They are pretty birds and good size too :)

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Christie and welcome to BYC. As DD says, there a lots of crazy chicken ladies here - and a few fellas too, i should add! Make yourself at home.

all the best
    CT

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. MrsMonty1995

Mar 29, 2016
    St Mary of the Woods IN
    Thanks everyone for the welcome :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by