Popular Because of poop~~

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by aliena614, May 24, 2008.

1. aliena614

aliena614 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    Im in the middle of the north end of Columbus Ohio, so when I first got my birds many of my neighbors werent too happy! Afraid of the unknown I guess, I got all kinds of comments like "arent you afraid of BIRD FLU, SMELL ect. ect. ect!!

1 year later I get a knock at my door! Its one of the not so chicken friendly neighbors asking for some Chicken POO to use in her garden~! lol
    And before I knew it I had a line of people with grocery sack's and shovels! How funny is that!

2. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    LOL:lol:[​IMG][​IMG]

3. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    That's great!! Sounds like you've done an admirable job of showing the true side of chicken keeping. Kudos to you [​IMG]

4. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

Don’t you love how quick people are to dismiss something, that is until it can benefit them somehow…

5. Ericasl

Ericasl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    The Dalles OR
    Put a sigh on your door Chicken Poo you dig $5.00 a bag!![​IMG]

6. aliena614

May 17, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    im just glad they stopped sending code inforcement over here! I live in a township so he cant do anything but has to show up if he is called! He gets a dozen eggs for his trouble if he has to stop by! [​IMG]

7. chickensista

chickensista Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    CT
    He gets a dozen eggs for his trouble if he has to stop by!

Hmmmm. Maybe he doesn't even get calls anymore - he just shows up on a "call". LOL I'm doubling my flock this year, but can't imagine giving away the poo! I keep doubling the garden also. [​IMG]

8. dixygirl

dixygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    I have a question about poo. Maybe someone can help me. I am used to the poo smelling a litte worse than eggs. Today i smelled something that was just like dog turds. Could that have been one of theirs??

9. aliena614

May 17, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    judging by the duck in you pic yes! [​IMG] duck poo STINKS!!! lol my chicken poo stinks too! hot days are the worst!

10. dixygirl

dixygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    Well what's the best way to keep the odor down outside. I'm building a duck hut right by my driveway. I don't want people to drive up and be faced by the odor I just smelled. [​IMG]

PS You reckon if i plant some honey suckle and other sweet smelling flower it might help

Last edited: May 24, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by