Popup issues

It's definitely not intentional. It could be a rogue advertiser through our ad partnership with Google AdSense.

Is it just happening on one thread / page? If so, what's the URL of that page?

If you see it again, a screenshot of the page would also be helpful.

It's definitely not intentional. It could be a rogue advertiser through our ad partnership with Google AdSense.

Is it just happening on one thread / page? If so, what's the URL of that page?

If you see it again, a screenshot of the page would also be helpful.
It seems to redirect the page to that from random points, be it a thread in the forum or a coop design page. It just redirects to the earlier mentioned URL. I can take a look if I could get a capture of the source code for a page from where it happens next time I run into it.

Yeah, I'll try to add a bit more info next time I encounter this. Troubleshooting without proper data can be a pain, I know. I just thought I'd post it as a thread in case anyone else has similar issues, so that they could weigh in.

Thanks for the reports. We need the following info:

1. Which page / url you were on when you got the popup
  2. Which browser / version you are on
  3. A screenshot of the page
I haven't seen this since reporting the issue, but to answer the questions a bit:

1) has happened from many different pages (although 3 times from the crazy chicken man thread by ozexpat)
2) Google Chrome (so automatically updated to latest version)
3) Just go to the supplied URL (When I click a link to a page, and this redirect is triggered, it first shows the intended target page for a few seconds before jumping to the previously supplied URL of the 'popup'. Pressing back takes me to the original page a clicked the intended page from, so the view is somehow hijacked by that redirect)

If I run into this issue again, I'll try to supply a bit more detailed info.

Just registered to throw in some input, I haven't got the popup from your site directly, but it seems to come from any website I browse that has google advertisements. Gets through despite my popup blockers/firewalls/malware protection. I'm in the US and I use Chrome.

Here's one. Have seen it twice, here. But had it show up on Slashdot as well (so not BYC specific) with complaints from various other sites/users/browsers.. Link below is the address of page (of course, it is now only good for serving up a blank page).
Full screen takeover with tiny ad link in center of page (did not click). Not sure if trigger is time on page, or motion of pointing device, as it occurred shortly after arriving on pages.

http://sponsor.adverstitial.com/vie...mp=668192&w=300&h=250&rnd=2668757093937876999

Not much info on what is apparently a java redirect?? If you block Sponsor.adverstitial (dot) com (will still give you a page - but it will be blank).

info. on jokers: http://www.statscrop.com/www/adverstitial.com

Seems like someone(s) found a cheap way to pump up their page views.

W8.1/latest Chrome

Back
Top Bottom