Porcelain d'Uccle Bantam sick... (cross-post)

nine9d

Songster
8 Years
Sep 15, 2011
Beacon, N.Y.
I posted over in Raising Baby Chicks and should have posted here. Here is the link:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/porcelain-duccle-bantam-doesnt-seem-right.1237711

Ans here is what I said (pics in other thread):
Hey all,
I got in my new Bantam flock this Tuesday, and all seem well and active except for the Porcelain d'Uccle. I've been a good chicken dad and have been cleaning them for pasty butt and giving treats and changing their food and water. Today I noticed she is faaarrr less active then the others. She had been eating and drinking, albeit not as much as the others. I have given her 1 drop of Nutri-drench (not sure if i should give her more), and I am just monitoring her. I haven't seen her out much to eat or drink today, but she sort of just putters are aimlessly.

She does whine every now and then for no reason imo, and I had to even put her to sleep last night. Is there anything else that I should be doing for her?

P.S. - Her name is Porsche
--------
Mods, please remove if necessary or move my other post here please, thank you and sorry.

If she's getting trampled, separate her from the rest. Maybe put a piece of hardware cloth in the broder sp they can see each other. But make sure she has access to food, water, and heat. Try feeding her some chopped up hard boiled egg or scrambled egg and put a small amount of sugar in her water.

droy1028 - Thanks, she isn't getting trampled cause she is a little chubby, just doesn't get around well.

lclark - Thanks

Nardo - Done, thank you!

Lastly, I called MyPetChicken and they were helpful and sympathetic, they even refunded me for her, which I did not want. I makes me feel like she won't make it. I guess I can update this thread with my other info. I'll direct people to here.

Here are some pictures that I took of the hole/vent so you all can help me out. Also, one of Ms. Porsche. I hope she is o.k. :'(
holeVent2.jpg holeVent1.jpg Porsche.jpg
holeVent2.jpg
holeVent1.jpg
Porsche.jpg

Additionally, MyPetChicken recommended using Blue Kote spray on it, has anyone heard of that? Should I use Triple Antibiotic Ointment? I'm at a loss.

Yep, use Blu Kote. (I think it’s spelled like that.) It heals stuff, covers it so chicks don’t peck as much, and tastes bad for the same effect.

I used some Blu-Kote. She peeped a little when I sprayed her. We got her to eat alone, and she went to the bathroom. I hope she does better tomorrow. Thanks all.

She isn't, I don't want to go into details cause I'm too sad.. I'm 99.9% sure I have to cull her. I am utterly devastated.

Back
Top Bottom