Porcelain D'Uccle Fanciers/Breeders/Owners Here!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Then I Will, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Then I Will

Then I Will Songster

Jan 13, 2012
    Annville, Pennsylvania
    I am starting a Porcelain D'Uccle Enthusiast thread here!

Mille Fluer and other D'Uccle variations are welcome also! Please share your D'Uccle photos, stories, and impart your knowledge!

I happened across this lovely breed at the PA State Farm Show in Harrisburg this January 2018. It won my heart! I'd like to learn more about the breed and eventually have some of my own to raise. So I'm starting this thread to get some conversation going and hopefully learn a lot!

Also, if you're in the PA area and raise these beautiful little bantams, please let me know if you have any quality breeding pairs for sale! Thanks and have fun here everyone! I can't wait to see your bantams!

Better Than Rubies likes this.
  2. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Crowing

Jul 19, 2015
    Coastal Bend, TX
  3. Cyprus

Cyprus Master of the 'never give up' attitude

Jan 19, 2018
    SE Wisconsin
    My Coop
    I have 2 Mille Fleur D'Uccles. They are around 1.5 yrs old. I got them from a poultry swap with another hen who unfortunately passed several months ago.

They are very sweet birds. I'm hoping to breed them, but it's not working out. Just my experience, but both of my hens have been very poor layers and my rooster is showing no interest in breeding his remaining hen. Or both, when we still had 2.

Here are some pictures:

He is in molt, so he doesn't look as good as he normally does
    20180119_104416_HDR.jpg 20180119_104643_HDR.jpg

Then I Will likes this.
  4. Then I Will

Then I Will Songster

Jan 13, 2012
    Annville, Pennsylvania
  5. Then I Will

Then I Will Songster

Jan 13, 2012
    Annville, Pennsylvania
    Also, my thread is more specifically for the porcelain variety.

6. SunHwaKwon

SunHwaKwon Crowing

Jul 19, 2015
    Coastal Bend, TX
    Lol really? ;)

Cyprus likes this.
  7. Then I Will

Then I Will Songster

Jan 13, 2012
    Annville, Pennsylvania
    Yeah... why exclude someone for having a different colored bird of the same breed?
    What? I should start a Blue Sumatra thread and leave Black Sumatra people out?! :barnie

8. EgglandVest

EgglandVest In the Brooder

Jun 9, 2017
    13C3FD1E-69B9-4892-B0DC-0E861A68025F.jpeg 1C0F9EFB-2608-4954-A56F-3E94816E7048.jpeg Shannon from Georgia, here. I’m not a seasoned bantam mom just yet and I need to ask y’all for some help. My Porcelain d’uccle, Gertrude, really loves yogurt! She plunges her beak into half of a cantaloupe filled with yogurt (no seeds), and throws her goofy head back (rather dramatically) as she guzzles it down. Over and over. Up and down like a...chicken on a windmill. When she finishes, she wipes her beak on the ground to clean her beak. However, as clever as she is, she apparently hasn’t figured out how to effectively clean her beard. The problem is, the yogurt and sandy soil have combined forces to create a chicken-crete capable of holding together the Colosseum in Rome! HELP! What can I safely use to try to remove it? She’s not a show bird or anything, but she’s usually quite beautiful and right now she looks like Pig-Pen from The Peanuts! TIA

9. Cyprus

Cyprus Master of the 'never give up' attitude

Jan 19, 2018
    SE Wisconsin
    My Coop
    I would suggest coating her beard in coconut oil and letting it soak for at least 10 minutes before using a cloth with warm water to gently rub it off. This technique is often used with really stuck pasty butt in chicks, so I imagine it could help with your situation here.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: