Porcelain d'uccle--Please confirm she's a she!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by HHandbasket, Apr 28, 2011.

1. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

This is my porcelain d'uccle, Portia, cuz she's pretty like Portia DiRossi. She's 2 months old, and I want to verify that she's a she.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Her tiny comb just started showing up about 10 days ago.

[​IMG]

Is she a Portia or a Pablo?

2. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Portia [​IMG]

3. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Definitely a girl. My six week old D'Uccle roo has had a red comb and wattles for a couple of weeks, and just started "crowing" - I use the word loosely - this morning. You'd know if yours was a boy.

[​IMG]

4. Diamond Wire Farms

Diamond Wire Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    Placerville, CA
    sfw2- HAHA! My D'Uccle Roo insists on hanging with the full size roos. I know what you mean about the "crow." Even at 2+ years, ours can still stop midcrow if one of the bigger roos gives him a dirty look. Then he'll hop up on something tall & spindly before he sings again. NUTZ!

5. Diamond Wire Farms

Diamond Wire Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    Placerville, CA
    And girl!

6. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

Hey, you're in Placerville! I'm in Somerset. (waves hi to the "neighbor").

Thank you all for the confirmation. She has a very "girlie" personality, too. When the cockerels in the growout pen start chest butting, she looks at them like they're nuts.

I had to ask to be sure, since I'm getting Portia a boyfriend this weekend and want to make sure I didn't need to get a "girlfriend for Pablo" instead. [​IMG]

7. queenbeezz

queenbeezz Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Orlando
    She looks like my hen Prissy, as she gets older her comb will grow a bit and get red around laying time. My roo Beelzebub is a mean little stinker so be aware, they can be fiesty.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by