Porcelain Silkie Cockerel - Catdance Silkies

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by kelar, May 19, 2011.

1. kelar

kelar Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    yacolt
    This is the last of the porcelain brothers I grew out this year. He is approximately 8 months old and is F2 breeding from my senior porcelain pair. He shows more of the buff color than some of his brothers and should be a good match with lavender hens or porcelain hens showing more lavender. Nice feet, tons of foot and shank feathering, fluffy beard and muffs. His comb does have very small horns on top. He was vaccinated for Marek's Disease at hatch and comes from an NPIP certified and AI tested clean flock. He will come to you bathed and bug free. I have a new batch of shipping boxes on order and if they don't arrive in time for shipping, I will send him in a used box in excellent condition and reduce the shipping fees by $10. I will not risk the well-being of the birds in any way, so please do not bid if your weather is too hot for shipping. Payment due via paypal at auction's end. Please pm or email me with any questions and thank you for looking.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CarolinaChickenKeeper

CarolinaChickenKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2011
    Pauline, SC
    Pardon my ignorance, but if you breed him to porcelain or lavender, what are the results? I think he is beautiful!!!! Thanks

3. kelar

May 22, 2010
    yacolt
    Thank you Nikki! He should produce porcelains/dilutes with varying degrees of dilution depending on the hens he is bred to. Porcelain/dilutes are still a work in progress and don't always breed true so most breeders are just working with them until they get the dilution of buff and lavender they like. Some are very muted and some are more bold like the offspring from this pair seem to be. I love the color though.

4. Roslyn

Roslyn Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2011
    Cle Elum, WA
    Hey there Kelar! I was just wondering, since I'm a bit of a newbie with chickens. Is he SQ? Would I be able to show him at the fair? And is he docile? I've been looking into buying a silkie roo and this guy caught my eye. I'm in Washington as well.

5. kelar

May 22, 2010
    yacolt
    He could certainly be shown, but since porcelain (or dilutes) are not a recognized color, it would depend upon entry rules for your particular fair. I've never shown at the fairs, but in open shows, he would show as an "AOV" or all other varieties.

6. Candiss

Candiss Burdette Bantams

Jun 30, 2010
    Alabama
    I love the roo I got, I believe a brother to this roo. Excellent condition and beautiful..

7. CarolinaChickenKeeper

CarolinaChickenKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2011
    Pauline, SC
    someone got a good deal

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by