Porcelain silkie roo x Black ,splash & lav split silkie hens

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Jul 28, 2011.

1. josh44

josh44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2008
    San Antonio Texas
    What happens when you breed a porcelain silkie roo to black, Lav split & splash silkie hens ???
    Will any of these crosses give me more porcelain or maybe lavender ???

Any info is greatly appreciated [​IMG]

2. tadkerson

tadkerson Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    Missouri
    Quote:Pictures would help- but this is the best I can do.

Porcelain X black = basically a black bird and carries lavender

Porcelain X heterozygous (split) lavender= phenotype with no lavender and a lavender phenotype ( I put phenotype because all I now is that the split bird carries lavender-not enough information to make a prediction).

Porcelain x splash= basically a blue bird and carries lavender

These crosses will not produce porcelain but will produce a kind of lavender.

Tim

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  3. rilly10

rilly10 Clover Field Farm

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    I have seen porcelain to splashes and they look like splashes with leakage. Other than to other porcelains, I only cross to lavs. You could also cross to buffs split to lav. Porcelains are still a work in progress with silkies though and it seems that everyone has their own formulas.

Mine originated like this:
    Buff x Lav - 1st generation
    Buff split x Lav -2nd generation

That gave me my porcelains but they did vary in color... some had more buff than lav and visa versa. I took the ones that showed more buff than I wanted and bred them back to a lav, and bred the ones I was happy with together for my 3rd generation.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by