porous eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Goose and Fig, May 16, 2009.

1. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I candled yesterday- day 8- several eggs from my banties. All of the eggs from my brahma are really porous and flecked. I can't tell if they are fertile or not, but the cochin eggs all look good. I read somewhere that porous eggs aren't good. Any chance I could get some to hatch in the incubator? Would they need to be done seperately with a different humidity level? Thanks!

2. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    I have 1 in the incubator that ozzed out the pores in 3 different places. But the egg dried on the shell sealing it...I was gonna toss it then I candeled it and there was a chick in there I put it back waiting to see what happens should be interesting [​IMG]
    Got these eggs in the mail... [​IMG]

3. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    When did it start oozing? I haven't had any do that yet. 1/2 of the eggs in the incubator are hers. I wish I would have waited and added more cochin eggs! Pooey. Let me know how it works out!

4. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    when i got it in the mail I noticed it a little sticky wiped it with a damp paper towel...Looked line didnt see any thing till day 8... So I am gonna give it a shot...its like 3 small pin holes... I will keep you posted on what happens...

5. kupi99

kupi99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2009
    I'm on 18, and I have serveral porous eggs too. I candled on day 10, and thought I saw chicks in some of the porous ones. I candled again on day 17, and some of them appear to be developing fine. I'm having lots of probs with this hatch, though. Others on here seemed to think that they could hatch, you just had to watch your humidity.

You can check out my other post here for better info than I can give on the same topic (I have pics of my eggs at day 10 in here too):
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=177821

6. temperance

temperance Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2009
    I had 7 out of 12 chicken eggs with different degrees of porosity. of those 7, 5 hatched.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by