Portable airport "full body" scanners driving around neighborhoods??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Tala, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

2. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

There is a reason I live in a house, rather than walking naked through the streets.

Not to mention... we KNOW that X-rays cause problems. That's why even just getting ONE at the dentist means a shield put over you. You plan to run around zapping innocent people just for the heck of it... bad enough. But what about the people operating these machines? Normally the techs go behind a shielded wall for protection... how's that possible in the confines of a vehicle?

Between that and the privacy stuff overall this sounds like a bad idea for those being scanned and the people doing the scanning.

Hmmm... well I'd say get lead walls but we're not even allowed lead paint anymore thanks to health risks... so what are your options? Any that won't harm you?

3. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

I say if someone is curious enough to drive a body scanner around MY house, they deserve a peek.... doubt they'll be back! [​IMG]

4. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    tinfoil...the goofs with tinfoil hats were right! Tinfoil and duct tape does block rf chips from being read. Will it block these knuckle heads? Shall I try a duct tape and tinfoil set of undies next time I fly? ohhh my.

5. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Welcome, one and all, to 1984! Don't worry, Big Brother will take good care of you. All you have to do is hand over every last one of your God-given rights, and Big Brother will protect you from all harm.

Any harm caused you by Big Brother is done to protect you from harm, and thus does not constitute actual harm, despite what your senses and common sense may tell you.
    And remember - Big Brother is always right!

And people call me paranoid. [​IMG] I'm going to see if there's any way to freak out the drive-by spies' equipment. Frying that would bring me great joy.

6. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Be sure and let us know if you crack THAT code will ya?

CD&G, I second that emotion... stick your eyes where they aren't wanted don't be surprised if you go blind... or wish you were.

7. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    So?

They can't be used to image or identify a person. They're very good for telling what is in a truck, like a terrorist bomb. A very good way to find terrorists, bombers, people cacheing weapons illegally, which is what everyone always seems to want to do, until it is done in their neighborhood....

8. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    wouldn't these x-rays harm ppl??? Why else would you be required to wear a lead vest??? Pregnant women?

9. Marshmallow Man

Marshmallow Man Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2010
    Looks like they would work well for scanning bombs. More importantly it looks like they can find trucks full of illegals. They need those things at the border. Looks like a good way to protect the citizens of the USA. If it's the same technology as what they use at the airport it must not be too bad for you. Just one more weapon in the war against terror and drugs and illegal immigration. I would think everyone would welcome it.

10. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] Oh no, My tin foil bill for this month will be outrageous! [​IMG] It'll make my truck shine like a diamond in the sun though! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by