1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

PORTLAND, OREGON ROOSTERS NEED HOMES IMMEDIATELY!!

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by JenWar, Sep 4, 2014.

1. JenWar

JenWar Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2014
    AN EX WHO LIVES MILES OUT OF EARSHOT OF MY BOYS HAS GOTTEN THE HEALTH INSPECTOR ONTO ME FOR KEEPING MY ROOSTERS AFTER THEY SHOWED ME THEY WERE MALE...AND I AM NOW IN BIG FINANCIAL TROUBLE, AND BEING FINED $500 A DAY FOR KEEPING THEM STARTING EITHER TODAY OR TOMORROW! EVEN A TEMPORARY PLACE FOR THEM TO GET THROUGH THIS CRISIS UNTIL I CAN FIND A FOREVER HOME WOULD BE AMAZING!!! I LIVE IN SE PDX CURRENTLY, AND I LOVE LOVE LOVE MY FAMILY OF CHICKENS, AND I AM SICKENED THAT IF THE HEALTH INSPECTOR SHOWS UP TOMORROW AND THEY ARE HEADLESS ON MY LAWN, I HAVE BROKEN NO LAWS, BUT IF THEY ARE ALIVE AND CUDDLING UP TO THE HENS, WE ARE ALL IN HOT WATER!!! CAN ANYONE IN THE PORTLAND AREA HELP, EVEN TEMPORARILY?
    THANKS, JENNIFER 971-212-8727

2. faunadocpam

faunadocpam Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2014
    SW Washington
    I'm about 3 hrs north of you (Roy, WA) but if you drive them up I can take them temporarily. My banty rooster has a fit about other roosters but I can rig some kind of temporary housing for them out in the barn. That way they can only fight through the pasture fence since the coop is outside that fence.

3. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    It would be helpful if you were to include the numbers, breeds, etc of the boys - perhaps even pictures of them. Knowing specifics will be beneficial to those wishing to help you.

4. JenWar

Jul 1, 2014
    Thank you! You are the first real lead I have gotten. Unfortunately, my starter is out on my car, so getting there is a bit tricky, but I will keep you In mind. I have 2 "broiler" roosters, but in excellent health because I slowed their growth and forced them to exercise even when they didn't want to, and now their legs are strong enough fish to support their huge bodies. I also have a mini red rooster Banty thing (RubyRubyRooo!), a white silkie (Ziggy Stardust), and a little Banty boy (Adama) and his hen (Eva) who crows just as loud as he does. I keep the last 3 generally indoors, so I am going to see if I can work out keeping those 3 here together somehow. The first 3 get along well and can all be housed together. Last night it got windy and loud and cold, and when I checked on the boys at 3:00am, RubyRooo and [​IMG]Ginger were sitting snuggled up...it was beautiful. BigFoot can't perch, but he likes affection...he's the biggest broiler, weighing in at 15lbs. I will try to attach some pictures.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  5. JenWar

Jul 1, 2014
    [​IMG]

6. JenWar

Jul 1, 2014
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by