Portland Tour de Coop! Come one and All!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by wbruder17, Jun 30, 2011.

1. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    The Portland Oregon Tour de Coop is being held on Saturday, July 16th from10am til 3pm! If you live anywhere near Portland, come out and support the Urban Chicken Nerds in our area and support Growing Gardens of Portland!

$15 will get you a brochure booklet good for the whole family! Come check out my amazing coop!

2. lowry075

lowry075 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    Southern California
    Awww...I live too far away.[​IMG]

3. Praetorian

Praetorian Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2011
    Sounds neat

4. Zinnia-Hen

Zinnia-Hen Live & Let Live

Jan 29, 2011
    Cool! I live across the river and I might as well check it out. [​IMG]

5. wbruder17

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Quote:You Definitely should! We are the southeastern-most coop on the tour! The ones down in the Johnson Creek Watershed! Hope to see you!

6. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    Cool [​IMG] Thanks for the heads up. Do you know how many coops are in the tour?

7. wbruder17

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    There are 3 farm stores where you can buy a brochure. They willl be on sale from July 8th til the day of the tour. I know that the Urban Farm Store on se Belmont is one seller and People's Coop on se, um 20th?? Is another....not sure on the other.

8. wbruder17

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Yay Chicks! :

Cool [​IMG] Thanks for the heads up. Do you know how many coops are in the tour?

There are 22 homes on the tour, ranging from North Portland out to us, in the Southeast.​

9. foxinachickenhouse

foxinachickenhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    Oregon
    Awesome that you are in it! How does one get on the tour de coops tour? Does your coop have to be super posh?

10. wbruder17

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Quote:Thanks you! I'm very excited. No, not super posh at all. You have to fill out an entry form and they ask a lot of questions about if we built it ourselves, used a plan, used reclaimed materials, etc.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by