1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

"Posh", high-income cities that have allowed backyard chickens

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by jmsgirl, Jan 27, 2017.

1. jmsgirl

jmsgirl New Egg

Jan 27, 2017
    Hello!

We are attempting to bring backyard chickens to our city. Our group has done months of work with our city. The city is now requesting more information from cities (similar to ours) that have allowed backyard chickens. Do you happen to know any high-income, rather “posh” cities that have allowed backyard chickens? I would like to contact those cities personally to ask questions. We know of Bexley, OH, Ann Arbor, MI, and Lakewood, OH. If you happen to know of any more cities, woudl you please share?

Thank you very much!

2. vasher

vasher Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2015
    Seattle
    I don't know about posh, but San Francisco and Seattle both allow backyard chickens in the city prope and are pretty high income. Most of their surrounding suburbs allow hens up to a certain number as well.

3. Finnie

Finnie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2014
    Indianapolis
    You could try Carmel, Indiana.

4. SilkiesForEver

SilkiesForEver Overrun With Chickens

Mar 24, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    Sacramento, CA legalized keeping 3 backyard hens a few years ago.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by