Positive dog news

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by TarzantheChickenMan, Nov 5, 2009.

1. TarzantheChickenMan

TarzantheChickenMan Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2009
    Guthrie, MN
    Well yesterday afternoon i was outside checking on the critters on my break from work. Could hear my patterdale terrier barking,but i could not figure out where she was. Soon realized that she was under the new but not complete chicken coop barking at something. Then the smell, skunk. She had the bugger trapped under there. So i told my wife not to let her in the house and that i would give the dog a bath when i got home. Needless to say my mother in law let the dog in the house when she stopped by. Wife freaked out but the realized that she had not been sprayed, she was sprayed twice in a week this spring. So i come home dogs in the house not stinking. I check pens no issues. Get up this morning and feed critters to find a dead skunk next to the new coop. [​IMG] the dog is finally doing her job. On a side note she is a rescue dog i got here about 2 years ago she was skin and bones she had been living in a meth house.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  2. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Nothing like a rescue dog [​IMG]
    And it's amazing she did it without getting sprayed. Good doggie [​IMG]

3. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    I think this dog deserves a package of beef ribs!

A meth house, I could [​IMG]

4. TarzantheChickenMan

Oct 1, 2009
    Guthrie, MN
    Ya the chicken coop smells bad but there is only a few inches of room under there for the dog to move. How she didnt get sprayed i dont know but she should have.
    ya the first year with this dog was nuts. I work with chemically addicted youth this dog was just like them lol.

5. mediazeal

mediazeal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    My dogs killed a skunk in my yard, sadly without the benefit of avoiding needing a bath
    They had to be quarantined (in my yard and house) for 2 months afterwards because of the exposure to the skunk.
    keep an eye on him. [​IMG]

6. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    [​IMG] What a good dog!

7. Caincando1

Caincando1 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 16, 2009
    Dodge Center MN
    Patterdales are unbelievable killers and will do a great job of keeping you yard pest free. I have a 6 year old male. I'd love to see pictures of your Pat.

8. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    The tight quarters is probably why the dog didn'r get sprayed.

9. BFeathered

BFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    Good Dog! Have a whole tin of cookies! Glad she didn't get sprayed- peew. Just out of curiosity, what is a patterdale? I've got an Airedale, is it a mix?

10. TarzantheChickenMan

Oct 1, 2009
    Guthrie, MN
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by