Positive feedback-Seriousbill's eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by dancingbear, Apr 15, 2009.

1. dancingbear

dancingbear Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    South Central KY
    The eggs were well packed, arrived completely intact, no chips or cracks at all. Well bubble-wrapped, and nested in the box so they didn't rattle around.

Just finished hatching a couple of days ago. 7 healthy, active, alert little Delaware chickies! Out of 26 eggs, all but 3 started to develop. 20 made it to day 18. Then there were some incubator stability problems, and errors on my part. Still, I got 7, (8, but 1 may not make it, my fault, I tried to 'help') and had I kept them upright in cartons, (after removing the turner) instead of horizontal to hatch after day 18, I think I'd have gotten more.

So, I knew how to hatch eggs, now I'm learning to hatch shipped eggs!

I'm happy with my new babies!
    [​IMG]

2. chickygirl2

chickygirl2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    upper marlboro. md
    BEAUTIFULLLLLLL Babies !!
    Congrats : )

3. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I always hatch horizontal after stopping turner but who some leave in cartons. I don't know if there's a scientific study on that anywhere - I think it might be preference.

But pretty birds. Congratulations.

By the way the feedback section for all the buyers is https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=42632

Happy
    hatching always and have a blessed day.

4. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    CONGRATS!

Janets birds are beautiful. You're going to love them.

5. dancingbear

dancingbear Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    South Central KY
    Quote:I looked and couldn't find it, so I just posted and figured somebody would tell me where it was. Thanks!

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Now those are some good looking chicks... Had a dellie once... it was a ROO! And an extremely noisy one at that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by