Positive McMurray Experience

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ack13, Feb 19, 2008.

1. ack13

ack13 New Egg

Jan 2, 2008
    Yesterday afternoon we received 27 healthy little chicks from McMurray Hatchery. All arrived peeping and lively, ready to eat and drink. So far so good, all of them seem to be healthy. We have one little polish who seems a bit smaller than the others, but he isn't having any trouble getting to the food or water. We've just had our neighbor come and pick up his 12, leaving us 15 peeping poofs of feathers. We are in Oakland, CA, which may have something to do with our safe arrival. I hate that some people have had bad experiences with McMurray- and I must say it seems like it might have been at least in part the weather. I'm thrilled with my little babies!

Amy

2. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats ack on your order. Glad they all made it for you.

3. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    That makes 2 succseful shipments. There was someone else who had his babies come in. not one dead so its good there is a turn around for the company

4. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Its not a turn around for the company. Im sure they are shipping the same way they always do. They just cant control the weather or shipping conditions.

5. Yogiman

Yogiman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    South Louisiana
    Good for you and your shipment. I also received a shipment of 34 from them yesterday. It was some kind of cold up there when they shipped Sunday. All of mine made the trip fine.
    I too received one extra small one. It looked fine, was eating and drinking fine but only lasted about 12 hours then I lost it. I think it was just not to well developed and to small.

6. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I have always gotten healthy chicks from McMurray without losses. The last chicks we got were the jumbo cornish cross rocks for meat. Not one minutes problem with any of them either.

7. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Quote:What I meant to say is turn around on there luck. I never used them before so I cant say anything about the company.

8. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    I got my shippment in yesterday too. All were alive upon arrival but two of the small banties just seemed very weak and didn't have much energy died within the first 12 hours. It's ok I still have a whole bunch more.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by