Positive thoughts needed for Willow

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Wolfwoman, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    [​IMG]

Willow... overcoming the odds of an enlarged heart... he is still with us 13 months longer than the vets gave him!

Let's see what the power of POSITIVE THOUGHTS and PRAYERS can do for Willow. Light a candle, bend a knee,,,, whatever you believe. He's have a VERY rough time... actually WE are having a rougher time than he is, as he is just resting, but he's had a second episode of some sort.

We're not ready... are we ever? No matter what we do or how we prepare, are we ever??

Thanks in advance to those who care.

We love ya Willow!

PS: Please don't tell me to take him to the vet, we've done that and there's nothing more to be done. He will be with us, comfortable, at home.

2. cheri222

cheri222 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Erie PA
    Thoughts and prayers are with your family. Your buddy is beautiful and brave. I have a 14yo who is slowing down and turning gray. I'm just trying to enjoy what time we have left.

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] So sorry.. [​IMG]

4. Wolfwoman

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    We have nine dogs right now of varying ages. I told Sam when we lost Dakota that we still have to do this... NINE MORE TIMES. And we will and it won't be easy, but it's what we do for thier love and companionship. We've been through a few already, Dakota who was Willow's dad, Ladie who was his Gramma, Buck who was the mellowest Lab ever, a previous Ladie and always... Lance, the wolfdog.

Willow is only 6 years old.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

That animal is adorable. How hard it must be for you guys right now. I lost my kitty Trouble when he was just 18 months old. Just laid down and stopped breathing. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Wolfwoman

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    He's more adorable in person.. [​IMG] We've had a rough haul with him, tho the past month has been the worst so far.

[​IMG]

Now one of the other dogs isn't eating... Norman, the Iditarod sled dog that retired with us... but he has more of an excuse than Willow... he's old.

7. HaikuHeritageFarm

HaikuHeritageFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Anchorage, AK
    Bonnie, both of these kids are in my thoughts!

8. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    [​IMG] prayers sent. [​IMG]

9. mercedes

mercedes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    TX
    Healing thoughts and prayers for your beautiful willow:hugs.I have a 12 year old cat with an enlarged heart,I feel your pain.Glad he is at home with his loving family.Please. give him a big hug from me.[​IMG]:hugs:hugs

10. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    I am so sorry [​IMG] I will send up a prayer for him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by