Possessive cockerel

Mya05

Chirping
May 10, 2020
Edmond, Oklahoma
My daughter has hand raised Omen since he was about a week old. He has always enjoyed sitting in her lap. Today, my daughter was holding one of the hens, Runa. Omen came up to Runa and pulled her tail feathers to get her out of my daughters lap! Then, he hopped up, and happily sat down! :lau Romeo, our other cockerel, walked up to my daughter, and Omen pecked him hard on his comb to scare him away! Omen is currently enjoying some one on one time with my daughter, and although he would grumble whenever she held another chicken, this is the first time he has done anything about it!!:gig

DobieLover

Easily distracted by chickens
Premium Feather Member
Jul 23, 2018
NY Southern Tier
My Coop
My daughter has hand raised Omen since he was about a week old. He has always enjoyed sitting in her lap. Today, my daughter was holding one of the hens, Runa. Omen came up to Runa and pulled her tail feathers to get her out of my daughters lap! Then, he hopped up, and happily sat down! :lau Romeo, our other cockerel, walked up to my daughter, and Omen pecked him hard on his comb to scare him away! Omen is currently enjoying some one on one time with my daughter, and although he would grumble whenever she held another chicken, this is the first time he has done anything about it!!:gig
Ummmm... His possessiveness may become aggression in the future. Just keep an eye on it. When the hormones really start flying, personalities change overnight.

Top Bottom