1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Possible air cell detachment damage. Day 5 in bator.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by blackminx, Apr 21, 2012.

1. blackminx

blackminx Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2012
    Freeport IL
    I might have some detached air cells in shipped serama eggs I already set. I set them about 5 days ago and candled today to find some moving air cells in there. Is it too late to set them big end up? 8 of the 12 look really good with decent veining. The other four look blank or have that moving air pocket. I can only see a good clear stationary air cell in a few eggs and those seem wobbly, any good advice?

My bator is running good so I popped in 8 blue mottled japanese bantams as well (kind of my back up for confidence purposes). I have a good plan involving a spray bottle incase I need to open it during lockdown. (I plan to mist the bator and keep humidity pretty stable). If not I'll move the JB eggs to another bator prior to the lockdown of the seramas. I candled the JB before I set them, they all looked good to go. This is my first hatch btw XD so I don't expect much.

2. blackminx

blackminx Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2012
    Freeport IL
    Bump. I'm still in the dark. Though I do apologize about the bad grammar in my last post and all future posts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by