Possible angel wing and possible fixes?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by brandy21410, Mar 19, 2017.

1. brandy21410

brandy21410 Chillin' With My Peeps

My drake is turning 8 weeks old tomarrow and yesterday I noticed him moving his wings up and down alot and holding them away from him, also the right wing is sticking out more. I checked for injuries but there are none. I thought it could be angel wing so I have tried since yesterday to wrap him with numerouse different things but the way he is shaped he gets out of everything, even if its rather tight on him. I have used a shirt sleeve, sports wrap, tape and ace bandage and even panty hose. Idk what to do it keeps getting it off. Is there a chance he could be fine without wraping. I do have him on the same feed as my chickens and am switching tomarrow to a lower protein feed. They dont get treats or bread ot anything really other than food and weeds and bugs ect. This is my first time dealing with this and I am worrried he will suffer deformities that cannot be fixed and he is so pretty.
    Thisis him today in between him slipping off his bandages. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is him yesterday when I noticed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Any help is appreciated TIA [​IMG]

2. brandy21410

brandy21410 Chillin' With My Peeps

I taped the wings in place with medical tape and taped over it with duct tape. I haf no other choice lol
    These are the results:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Any advice is appreciated TIA [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by