possible broken "collarbone"

susie6582001

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 24, 2010
my teacup was recovering well from what was either a stroke or head/neck injury...learned to walk and feed herself independently, then yesterday morning when I got up she was limping and her head was turned to the left... I noticed a boney area just above her crop... like where the collarbone is, she is not flapping her wings, and has started falling again. she is still eating and drinking if I hold her dish for her to get ... she has alot of trouble going from standing to laying down, and getting back up...she is really unsteady on her feet,and I am concerned that she possibly broke a bone in her upper body or wing... she is eating and drinking.. crop is full, and appears to have normal poops...she is a little more alert tonite, but still really unsteady on her feet... or could I still be dealing with mereks? she has not been near the other chickens... has always been inside..I really am questioning if she is suffering...

Oh ya, I wanted to add she is a RIR, hatched march 17, bought at the local feed store with 23 others, vacinated against mereks, diet medicated chick starter and water with minerals, electrolytes and vitamins....

Back
Top Bottom