Possible Bubble Foot Cure

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by angie21martin, Jul 31, 2013.

1. angie21martin

angie21martin New Egg

Jul 31, 2013
    About 1 1/2 months ago our white crested black polish, only 2 weeks old at the time, had somehow injured her foot and immediately it got infected. It became a giant bubble foot. It smelled bad and she limped on it. We did some research and found out she had bubble foot, which is staph, and that it could be fatal. We frantically searched for a cure. My husband bought a $40 medicine online that was said to help cure it. While we waited for the medicine to arrive we came up with our own concoction to help cure it.

Colloidal Silver- we soaked her foot in it for about 15 minutes one time. I've used this in my eyes when I get pink eye and the next day the pink eye is gone.

Neosporin ointment- we rubbed some on her foot

Inula helenium ( Elcampane root) in a tincture- a couple drops in her mouth and a couple drops on her foot. My husband had MRSA last year, a deadly staph infection where he ended up in the hospital for over two weeks. The hospital loaded him with the highest forms of antibiotics and couldn't kill the staph at all, it only got worse. So I frantically search online for some sort of natural cure for staph. Somehow I fell upon Inula Helenium, which mainly was used long ago for upper respiratory problems. But recently over seas was tested for staph. It kills staph 100% the research said. We actually found some at our local health food store, thank God!! Plus copper pills which staph cannot live on, copper as well kills staph 100%. I didn't use the copper on our baby hen because a human should only take one tiny pill a day when sick with a infection and can't take it for days on end. My husband. Was out of the hospital in two days and completely well a week later. It was a miracle. So I tried it on the chicken. I used it on her two days.

Wrapped her foot as well in all this medicine with a vetrap, or cling gauze, for injuries.

After 4 days there was no more infection. A mangled foot that still hurt and that she limped on, but now 1 and a 1/2 months later, her foot is doing amazing! She just has shorter toe, it's not that noticeable. She doesn't limp at all, actually she runs, she has grown so much as if she never had an injury.

Oh and by the time the medicine my husband ordered arrived her foot was completely cured, it arrived 7 days after she got injured.

Just thought I'd share this. I absolutely love my chickens and would be heart broken if I lost them. Especially if there is a cure for such a horrible infection. I hope this can help someone.

2. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I will have to write that down and check it out!

3. angie21martin

angie21martin New Egg

Jul 31, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by