1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Possible Buff Sebright? TSC bantam bin mystery

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by KrazyKatLady, May 18, 2016.

1. KrazyKatLady

KrazyKatLady Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2016
    [​IMG][/IMG]

I picked this "guy?" up from TSC a few weeks ago. Bright blue/green legs, started out a solid creamy color and just now getting the color variations. Has always been smaller than the other bantams. Looks like a rose comb and we suspect maybe a roo. Any ideas?

2. KrazyKatLady

May 2, 2016
    I just cannot get any other picture to load. [​IMG]

3. KrazyKatLady

May 2, 2016
    [​IMG]

4. KrazyKatLady

May 2, 2016
    [​IMG]

5. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    Your on the right trail anyhow. Either a Sebright or Rosecomb bantam. Never seen this color before though. I'd have to call it some kind of splash. Like a buff splash or something. He's gonna be pretty, thats no doubt.

6. JaeG

JaeG Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2014
    New Zealand
    Perhaps the colour is Red Pyle? You can get Rosecombs in that colour. (I'm not expert so it's just a suggestion). As for the blue legs - I have an Old English Game Bantam with blue legs. Her colour is a very light washed out wheaten so she's not the right colour anywhere but she's such a sweetie. Here she is when we first got her (on the left) - now she is the light colour of her head all over but she still has those blue legs.

[​IMG]

7. KrazyKatLady

May 2, 2016
    Thanks for the responses. I have no idea what it is supposed to be, but it has been interesting to watch all the changes so far!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by