Possible exposure to coccidiosis

asbridgers

Hatching
Mar 24, 2018
Need advice, please. My girls are about a week shy of being 1 year old. We have a little orphan bull calf we are bottle feeding. My hubs put him in with the chickens while getting his new humble abode ready. I noticed he had some yellow/bloody diarrhea in their pen. I’m sure it’s coccidiosis. I immediately got a shovel and bucket and scooped it up. Before I could get to the next spot, one of my barred rock was eating some. How long does it take for them to show symptoms? Should I treat them all for prophylaxis? I have Corid on hand we are treating the calf with. Thanks!

Need advice, please. My girls are about a week shy of being 1 year old. We have a little orphan bull calf we are bottle feeding. My hubs put him in with the chickens while getting his new humble abode ready. I noticed he had some yellow/bloody diarrhea in their pen. I’m sure it’s coccidiosis. I immediately got a shovel and bucket and scooped it up. Before I could get to the next spot, one of my barred rock was eating some. How long does it take for them to show symptoms? Should I treat them all for prophylaxis? I have Corid on hand we are treating the calf with. Thanks!
Scours in Calves...Call a Vet and I think the Birds will be okay..

Back
Top Bottom