Possible Forum Downtime Today / Friday

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Nifty-Chicken, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

We're doing an upgrade of the opperating system for the server there may be some downtime or performance issues.

Thanks for your patience as we work hard to improve your BYC experience.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

DUDE! That totally should be a banner across the top. You made be freak out for a second! [​IMG]

Edited because you made me freak out and I couldn't type right.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  3. Clay In Iowa

Clay In Iowa Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Near Wilton Iowa
    I thought some one forgot to pay the bills. [​IMG]

4. Nifty-Chicken

Looks like we got through the upgrade of the operating system with only 42 mins. of downtime. (Can you remove and install a new OS in that time)? [​IMG]

This is one of the many steps were taking to try and get the forum back to its zippy self. Thanks again for your patience.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

That patience comment was for me right? [​IMG] Because I have none. I hate it when someone takes away my towys.

6. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    But why is it taking so long for everything to load???

(Nope, not my internet, I just downloaded a movie and it took all of 2 minutes.)

7. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Boy, my bubbles been busted! I thought it was due to the extreme member flow! Or even a membership drive- er, membership cluck!
    Thanks for making this site available to so many, with the diversity that we need to learn, do and laugh at. The friendships and net working has been phenomenal and those I've met have changed and also encouraged me in life.
    Kel

8. GopherBoyFarms

GopherBoyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Vancouver WA
    I am getting some slow loadign pages, and I was freaking out running in circles going "is it there yet"??

WOW, I agree you need to put a banner up when you are doing this stuff. You would have thought someone hid my morning coffee or took my bottle of wine away!!! LOL

~Tiff~

9. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Thank goodness! I thought I was losing my marbles, or worse, you guys moved and didn't tell me! [​IMG]

10. Nifty-Chicken

Okay, I think we're back in action. There were a few glitches, but I think we've got them sorted out.

We're still working to get things beefed up to handle the evening rush, but we're getting closer!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by