1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Possible ISA Brown?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Swish, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Swish

Swish New Egg

Mar 24, 2016
    Hello,
    I am a new chicken owner. I bought some chicks today at Rural King. The biggest chick was in a bin labeled Light Brahma pullets. I saw some with the feathered legs. When I got a closer look at the chick, at home, I realized it did not have feathered legs. After much research, I think it is an ISA Brown. The little reddish one next to it, is also supposed to be an ISA Brown. They both have brown stripes down their backs. The wings on the bigger one are whitish. Does that mean it is a male? In the last picture, the lightest ones are supposed to be Buff Orpingtons, and the darks were labeled Ameracauna (Easter Egger?) . Im hoping they are all pullets. Any opinions on breeds and sexes would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Amy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Blondey6224

Blondey6224 Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2015
    The ones with stripes on their backs are most likely isa browns, and they look like it as well. I own many of these and one thing I've noticed is if they have stripes they are hens

3. Swish

Swish New Egg

Mar 24, 2016
    Thanks for the reply Blondey! I hate the mystery and love it at the same time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by