Possible Male/Neutered Blue Doberman needing home in E TN

jywel417

Songster
11 Years
Mar 4, 2009
Atlanta
Hello,

I may have a friend who is needing to rehome her 1 year old (maybe about 14 months) blue doberman. He is male/neutered, up to date on all his shots, on heartworm and flea prevention, been raised with her 3 kids, been around other dogs and cats (he likes to chase my cats, so a dog savvy cat or someone willing to work on the chasing would be good) When he was at my house and met my chickens he did not even attempt to chase or bite them but he was also in a new environment. She is a single mother with 3 kids and one due in about 6 weeks (if she makes it that far) and the only reason she is even considering rehoming him is because of her landlord. She currently lives in state assisted housing and her neighbors all decided that she owned a "hell hound" and convinced her landlord that she had to get rid of him even though there were no rules about breeds/size of dogs allowed in the housing. The landlord even made the police come out with her to tell her she needed to get rid of her dog and while the landlord is telling her this the policeman is petting the dog and he is loving all over the officer. One of our coworkers at the vet tried to take him but it was not really not a good match. She has started trying to take him home with her at night but is afraid to leave him at her house alone in case the landlord somehow finds out she has him there. He is housebroken and really is a great dog who knows his basic obedience (sit, down, stay, leave it, pretty good about walking on a leash but honestly that needs some work) He has natural ears and being blue he will most likely require extra maintenance because of his hair/skin coat. The coworker who took him put him on beneful and his coat got horrible, Megan has gotten him back and has switched him to Wellness Core Whitefish and his coat is MUCH better, She has named him Remington and calls him Remy (her kids call him Rematine lol) I will try to get some pictures to post of him but wanted to see if there might be any interest first. Sorry for the long post, if anyone is interested you can reply here or send me a PM

Back
Top Bottom