Possible mites

RoosterFredsmom

Chirping
Nov 6, 2021
I read a post earlier about a polish bantam possibly having mites. I think it is possible mine do too. I use diatomaceous earth in my coop. But maybe not enough or as often as I should? Also can the hot spots be directly treated?

Attachments

• 20211122_184433.jpg
    20211122_184433.jpg
    507.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20211122_184436.jpg
    20211122_184436.jpg
    359.9 KB · Views: 2
I'm sorry, but we can't tell anything from those photos, can you take some that are clear?

Do you see any bugs crawling on the bird?

If you find bugs, then treat with a Permethrin based poultry dust or spray. Clean out bedding and treat the coop/housing as well. Repeat in 7 day intervals.

DE is not an effective treatment against an active infestation of lice or mites.

I'm sorry, but we can't tell anything from those photos, can you take some that are clear?

Do you see any bugs crawling on the bird?

If you find bugs, then treat with a Permethrin based poultry dust or spray. Clean out bedding and treat the coop/housing as well. Repeat in 7 day intervals.

DE is not an effective treatment against an active infestation of lice or mites.
No, I didn't see anything moving. I even had a flash light and my coke bottle glasses on! I even checked their vent. Didn't see anything. But I cannot figure it out. I will try to take better photos, but the little darlings haven't done much modeling, so they don't understand how to hold a pose.

Back
Top Bottom