Possible Move

rodriguezpoultry

Langshan Lover
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
Claremore, OK
We'll be moving, probably next May and we're in the process of looking for a place to live. I'll be taking a week off during the winter to drive around up north.

Just wondering if anyone had any special real estate places they visit to find available properties?

I don't want to post where we'll be moving to, but will be happy to tell in PM.

I can give the specs that we're after though:

Would prefer already standing barn (doesn't have to be huge, but big enough for a horse)
At least 5 acres

Existing house is negotiable since we may build anyway.

Anyways, if you have any ideas as to go about searching (because I'm at a complete loss) through online/real estate websites, I'd be more than happy to hear your expertise on this!

Thank you!

Unfortunately, this will be in the North somewheres. Most likely Pennsylvania/New Jersey area.

Edit: Not to say it won't be a cool thing to be somewhere else for a while but still depressing to be leaving the south.

Last edited:
Why ya gotta leave the south? Come live with ME!!
wee.gif

LOL! I'd probably be relatively close to you redhen!
big_smile.png

We'll be moving because DBF has a job offer there when he graduates. Gotta follow the money I guess. It'll be a new experience, but really hard on me to leave. I'm excited and sad...it's just SO far away!

You'd be surprised at how cool PA and NJ can be. There are parts of NJ that are very, very rural and wonderful. there are pine barrens and all sorts of cool places. PA has mountains and fantastic wild areas. All kinds of riding - English, Western, everything.

I do believe the largest national park in the US is in - New York state - within a few hours of PA/NJ.

Last edited:
Are there ice storms up there? Like in OK? Or is it just big snow storms?

Thanks for the suggestion Calico!

It's kind of fun looking through the properties, but frustrating because I can't find exactly what I'm after. I wish I knew how this housing stuff worked too. Like down payments, mortgages, etc. I can tell loans are gonna be a BIG fun project...

And we're having to do it from half way across the country! I almost can't wait for that week to go looking around just to see the state myself!

There is snow in PA and a little less in NJ, but the ice storms are not as frequent.

In the mountains in far W PA the weather can be quite harsh with quite a bit of snow and bitter cold.

In E PA where you are going, the winters aren't so much. Just enough to enjoy and have some variety. The eastern location moderates the weather. The summers are not as hot as down where you are I don't think, though some days in summer can be rather humid and stuffy, it doesn't last for long and there is a break. I'd say the most wonderful season in both E PA and NJ is the fall, Just unbelievably beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom