A few days ago I noticed our rooster was missing which is unusual as he is always there with his girls. I found him laying in the barn behind a brooder. I thought he was trying to escape the heat so I put him back out with the hens, dampened the area under the deck where they like to hang out and went about my business. Each day he has bouts of inactivity but was eating, drinking and foraging with the others. Friday evening I found him behind the grow-out coop with his head tucked under it like he was trying to hide. I brought him inside, examined him, gave him vitamins and electrolytes and bathed him as he had poo stuck to his bum. No injuries found, no signs of illness. Yesterday he began projectile pooping (mostly water with tiny green bits) which hasn't subsided and he is lame and lethargic. Today he is leaning on his side, neck stretched to the side w/head touching wing, legs are stiff and he is having spasms. DH is certain the neighbor has poisoned him. ALL other flock members okay so far. I know he is in pain and suffering and as hard as it is I think I need to have him put down. If I do so does this eliminate the possibility of having a necropsy done (to check for disease/poison)? Our vet is closed so another vet (not avian) said I could bring him in now for euthanasia. I cannot bear watching him suffer another day, I love my boy dearly. Any (gentle) advice would be appreciated.