Possible Rooster?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mylilchix, Jun 13, 2008.

1. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

I have one little langshan that peeps very loudly all the time. Is there a possibility that its a rooster or is someting wrong with it (not sure of the sex)?

Thanks,
    Sonja

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Sonja, all I can tell you is that peeping more doesn't have anything to do with whether it's a rooster or not. Does it show any signs of illness?

3. Suess hens

Suess hens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Altadena, CA
    I have a chick that makes noise at everything. She peeps are her "sisters" she peeps when I bring food. She peeps when I take the water to refill. She peeps when she wants attention, she peeps when she wants the other girls to watch her....she just peeps. She shows all the signs of being a female, so I am pretty sure she isn't a roo.
    I would look for any illness....sneezing, runny eyes, and check the poops.

4. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't think that this chick is sick. I think it may just be very sensitive. Yesterday she peeped very loudly for a long time after I added her to the brooder box (got them in the mail yesterday AM). She settled down for the rest of the day. This morning she was peeping loudly because one of my 1 weekers somehow managed to get into the babies side of the box (I've put up a partition to sperate them). She isn't sneezing, her eyes look good, haven't seen her poop yet though. I think changes just stress her easily. Poor little baby. Thanks for you help!!
    Sonja

5. Suess hens

Suess hens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Altadena, CA
    Sounds like she is just vocal. I had a cochin that use to alert me to everything! And I have an Ameraucana now that tells me if someone gets out of the brooder (I moved them to the kiddie pool brooder two days ago). I just consider her that kindergartner that tells on everyone.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by