1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Possible Slipped Tendon PICTURES

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Zahboo, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    laI have a BTW Japanese bantam. We always knew she walked funny, but never found anything wrong with her. Well, today I found out. One of her legs looks like it slid at the knee cap. I have some pictures uploading. She doesn't seem to be in pain, but what can be done about a deformed leg? Will this get worse as she gets older?[​IMG]

This is her normal leg, see at the joint how it's straight
    [​IMG]
    Heres the messed up leg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These pics are when she's on her back and her feet are STRAIGHT. Her leg is that bowed. I was stupid and thought that's how it was for Japanese bantams, but after letting her romp around, I saw how the other japanese walked, and it caught my eye

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  2. NotTheMomma

NotTheMomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Has she always been this way? Or this is something new?

Probably permanent if like this way since hatching.

Does it hurt? Warm? Can you gently try to starighten it? Maybe a warm bath will loosen things and you can gently put it back in? Not sure...bumping hoping someone else will know.

3. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    She has always had a slight limp. I figured it was because of her short legs. She just got worse this past week though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by