Possible tumor???

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by BEAUBIRDS, Oct 3, 2011.

1. BEAUBIRDS

BEAUBIRDS New Egg

Jun 15, 2011
    hi all,
    we have a small back yard flock of eight hend and four entertaining guineas. out flock was purchased through a farmers market, and as we would discover, the age and health of the birds when we recived them was questionable. they are all happy healthy ladies now, and it has been a great learning experiance. THAT having been said, mu husband and i just noticed a large ball at the center of one of my RR's feet. it hurts her to walk, but is not discolored in any way and she is in otherwise beautiful condition. my first thought was sist..then i thought...tumor?? anyone have this? treatments???
    many thanks in advance!

2. Clay Valley Farmer

Clay Valley Farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2010
    99% likely it is bumblefoot which is a staph type infection. Treatment is pretty much soaking and draining or otherwise removing the infection and packing it with antibiotic cream.

3. BEAUBIRDS

BEAUBIRDS New Egg

Jun 15, 2011
    oh man [​IMG] you know, i was just reading about that...idk how in the world she wold have gotten that, i never noticed a cut or anything! thank you...i'm going to go read up on it a bit more..*sigh*

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by