Possible wry neck -born end Feb

Tsmith1414

Songster
May 13, 2021
Silkie born end of Feb 28th.

Found this morning with a twisted neck. Beak to the sky. Twitching. Not able to walk. It appears to be wry neck or a neck injury. I have been giving them Nutri French every couple of weeks in their food/water. I gave it a dose of that now. What meds help? He / she was fine last night when I closed the coop.

Pictures, or video of the bird in question?

You could get some Vitamin E liquid capsules, & give some of the gel directly to the chick. Or give the entire pill to the bird.

FF694438-C051-4177-B340-6F6B6E6E2FC3.jpeg

Attachments

• 48B3EA97-4815-4F50-823C-123C6891D9E3.jpeg
    48B3EA97-4815-4F50-823C-123C6891D9E3.jpeg
    565.9 KB · Views: 4
His head is completely upside down. When I found him this morning he was trying to get his head upright. Now he’s very weak and and just lets his head dangle upside down. Beak facing up. Has no control and had to have it held upright to drink and take syringe. Lethargic and warm to the touch.

After you let his neck go, it twists around again. There is nothing to support it. He does chirp when it’s upright possibly in pain?

I'd increase the Vitamin E dose if you can get the liquid capsules. Nutridrench only has 90IU, which is too low of a dose for a bird his age.

Do you know if he has a Vaulted Skull? If so, head injury could be another possibility.

any vitamin e capsules? It’s a holiday here and limited stores are open. No feed stores are open. He was fine at 9pm. No signs yesterday what so ever.

any vitamin e capsules? It’s a holiday here and limited stores are open. No feed stores are open. He was fine at 9pm. No signs yesterday what so ever.
If you can't the liquid, the standard vitamin E tablets will do.
I'm talking human vitamin supplements you can just get at Walmart, or pharmacy.

I have syringed him water and vitamins. What can I give him for nutrients? Mash the food? He/ she is unable to eat on his own and is barely able to take from syringe.

Back
Top Bottom