Possibles Signs Of Future Problems or just a worry wart(lol).....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CrazyChickens09, Mar 13, 2012.

1. CrazyChickens09

CrazyChickens09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2009
    SC Kansas
    I just candled my eggs and noticed two things going on tonight..The first thing is that tomorrow will be day seven and the air cell is about the size of a half dollar and it grows every days, but at this stage should it be bigger than that( full sized eggs) and the second thing is when I rotated the eggs the embryos stayed on the side that was up previously ( could this cause a problem when time to hatch or is it "normal"). I may be worrying over nothing as this is my very first incubating and hatching but I want to be on the safe side so if something is wrong that it can be quickly corrected. Thank you very much

2. Meara

Meara Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Midwest
    I think you are in good shape so far. I know how easy it is to worry though! Have you checked your humidity reading?

3. chickaroo3

chickaroo3 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 21, 2012
    I am by no means an expert...I just hatched my first batch of eggs. I know how easy it is to worry. Do the embryos move when you are candling? How often are you rotating? I have to admit I wanted to avoid any rotation problems and spent the extra couple bucks and got an egg turner. The size of the air sac actually sounds about right...atleast that was the size of mine and 7 out of 8 eggs hatched. One thing I definately learned is don't stress it....do all of your research and and do what you learn...it isn't an exact science. Good Luck!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by