Possibly lost 2 today Most likely Coyote more info

kipepeo

Songster
10 Years
May 26, 2009
NC KS
Got home at 5 and went straight out to the chickens. Couldn't find my Sumatra roo and went looking and found a pile of black feathers and also noticed one of blue andalusain girls was missing have not found any sign of her yet but haven't looked everywhere it is a muddy mess from the snow yesterday. Why did whatever have to take him he was the favorite of my too many roosters and she is was laying ugggggggggg.

32511_229.jpg

Drusella

32511_215.jpg

Mr. Peep with his girlfriend Spice

Well I talked to my neighbor 2 miles away across the section and he said he saw 2 coyotes west of house on Monday, and when I went out today I saw canine tracks in the mud so that is most likely the culprit. He said he had a coyote come right in his driveway and grab a chicken when he was standing there he has kept his locked up and I guess I will be doing the same for a while at least they have the screened in room to go into.

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me about a month ago! I lost my White Cochin roo and Buff Orpington roo. I saw Some dogs tracks in my yard so thats a pretty decent indication I think. I'd say thats what killed yours. Sorry about your losses.

Well shoot! I had the same thing - too many roos and something killed my favorite (and only) buff orpinton roo and couldn't get it out of the cage so it took one of my ee hens. Trying to figure out how to make an electric fence. I think it is a weasel.I'm going to order one of the hunters cameras.

Sorry about your loss. I think most of us know how hard it is. Mine was just two days ago.

Back
Top Bottom