Possibly poisoned mice/rats

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Joceyy, Sep 8, 2016.

  1. Joceyy

    Joceyy New Egg

    1
    0
    7
    Sep 8, 2016
    Hello! I just joined byc because I am freaking out!!! My family and I had found a few dead mice (I think they're mice) around our backyard. This morning I found one dead in my ducks' water bowl that I'm sure they drank out of. We don't use rat poison, but my neighbors might have. My question is if the health of my ducks will be affected if they drank from the water bowl with the dead, possibly poisoned mouse???? I threw the bowl out.
     
  2. lovemy mallards

    lovemy mallards Chillin' With My Peeps

    193
    8
    58
    Dec 30, 2015
    MARION COUNTY TN
    Wow I don't know maybe @RavynFallen can tell you someone who can
     
  3. Ravynscroft

    Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

    29,848
    12,694
    606
    Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    If they just ingested the poison the water might not have been contaminated, but it *could have* if they ran around in it... some residue might have been on their bodies... hopefully, it wouldn't be enough to harm them...

    Give me a min, I'll be back with a thread for toxin flush...
     
  4. Ravynscroft

    Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

    29,848
    12,694
    606
    Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by