Possibly Red Pyle??? (Rosecomb)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Rosecomb-Ryan, May 5, 2009.

1. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    This chick came out of my BBRed pen I have never seen one this color she is a little older now I will get recent pics tommorow but does she look Red Pyle so far? I am almost 100% sure its a pullet do yall agree?
    [​IMG]

2. pinkfeather

pinkfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    CT
    How old? So far it looks like a pullet. I wouldn't call that color a red pyle though. It just looks like a mix color really.

3. rachiegirl

rachiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Beaver Co. PA
    Looks a little like mine, though the wing coloring looks a bit different. Of course it also looks older than mine, which could explain the difference. You guessed red pyle, or blue red splash/sport for mine. Though I don't understand why they call the color "sport". [​IMG] If you have any pics of her younger we could compare.

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  4. Rosecomb-Ryan

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    Yes I do

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  5. rachiegirl

rachiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Beaver Co. PA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yours looks like it might have been a bit more yellow, mine tends more towards buff. Stripe is different too. On my girl the head stripe and back stripe are different colors with the head being grey. can't tell for certain, is the back stripe the same on both? The head is def. different. There's also the wing pattern. Hope this is helpful! I know it was frustrating trying to find pictures that looked like my chicks. Can find plenty of adult pics, but they change so much you can't tell from that.

6. Rosecomb-Ryan

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    Hmm anyone else?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by