1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Possum Came too look at the new coop!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by ChickensNCoffee, May 31, 2016.

1. ChickensNCoffee

ChickensNCoffee Just Hatched

May 31, 2016
    TN
    [​IMG]

I'm new to this and chickens. I'm raising my first batch. 7 red sexlinks and 2 silkies. They're about 10-11 weeks old now and we moved them to a coop today. I was outside painting it at dusk and this creature came so close. This photo is no zoom. Will it eat my girls while I sleep tonight? We have hard wire over and all around their coop. My girls haven't figured out to go back inside the hen house and shut up at night. I'm worried I will find a bloody mess in the morning.

2. TheTwoRoos

TheTwoRoos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    Lock em up,and make sure everything is tight up.You could always shoot the guy,or if you have dogs let em loose on them.

3. ChickensNCoffee

May 31, 2016
    TN
    We don't own dogs. Me and my husband are going out to check on them at random times tonight. My biggest stress is them digging under the coop. We are putting the skirt/apron down this weekend

4. dekel18042

dekel18042 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2013
    Pennsylvania

5. ChickensNCoffee

May 31, 2016
    TN
    Thank you so much for the encouraging words. I'm just worried about my girls.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by