1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

possum for sale

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by lost, May 24, 2008.

1. lost

lost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    ,nc
    I put out a cage about a month ago and the bait got stolen twice . So i didnt move it and didn't put no bait back in.today my 6yr old said we cought a possum.They wouldn't let me shoot him 'So anybody want to buy him.lol no i relocated him so no possum soup little greezy:lau

2. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    LOL I used to catch and relocate them all the time when I lived in the city and the crazy lady next door fed about 50 cats and all the wild critters that would come to her door. Animal Control refused to deal with it so we got a live trap and dealt with it ourselves taking the wild critters to a better area and taking any cats to the pound.

Let me clarify that. If we knew the cat belonged to a neighbor we let it back loose. If it was one of the feral cats we took it to the pound. I even caught my own kitty a couple times. LOL

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2008
  3. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Make sure you check your regulations folks. In most states (IL,IA, NY for sure) relocating live trapped wildlife is illegal.

4. lost

lost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    ,nc
    we have free kittes three

5. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Quote:It wasn't in IA. It was in MO and that is what animal control told us to do with them. They did want want to deal with the problem with the crazy lady but they told us that we could bring the cats to them if we trapped them and to relocate any wildlife we caught. She was letting the raccoons and possums live in her basement on purpose because she thought they were cute.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by