Post a Picture of Your Cross Breed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by acemario, Feb 3, 2013.

1. acemario

acemario Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2012
    Northern Utah
    This thread is to post a picture of your cross-breed chicken! Please include the mother/father, age of the chicken, and any other pertinent information (egg production, temperment, etc.) Start posting!

2. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    [​IMG]americauna and silkie rooster 4 months
    [​IMG]australorp and silkie hen 2 yrs

I have more but need to take pictures !

2 people like this.
  3. acemario

Mar 22, 2012
    Northern Utah
    A post from Speckledhen:

I have a RIR/Buff Orp cross named Meg. The sire was RIR, though. Here she is, flaming redhead, very large Orp-like body and white legs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The only other crosses I have are three girls whose mothers were Barred Rocks with a Cochin/Silkie cross dad, but they sure won't look anything like what you'd get from your Buff Orp rooster, LOL.

4. acemario

Mar 22, 2012
    Northern Utah
    Queen of the Lilliputians:

These won't help you with your mix, but these are two of my three buff silkie/americauna mixes. The third looks identical to his sister, Mabel. Mabel was about 10wks in her pic, Womy was about 15wks in his.

Womy (don't ask.. 3yo named him [​IMG] )
    [​IMG]

Mabel
    [​IMG]

5. Bangarang64

Bangarang64 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2012
    Lake Okeechobee
    I have a hatchery quality Buff Orpington in the pen with my Wheaten Marans. I've been contemplating putting one of her eggs in the incubator to see what the results would be. No other reason other than I am curious.
    What do you think ?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  6. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    Why not? If you are not going to show or sell purebreds, its fun hobby. My chickens turned out beautiful! I also posted some roosters on 50 shades of grey.

7. acemario

Mar 22, 2012
    Northern Utah
    Maybe you could get a darker egg shell and a more productive layer with this mix! (Plus if all else fails, it should have some pretty good meat on its bones...! I say go for it!

8. ChucktheChick

ChucktheChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    This is not my picture but it is about the same as the rooster I incubated. His mom was Hawk, a dark Cornish hen and his dad was Smokey, a self lavender OEGB rooster. His name was Twister. He passed away a couple weeks ago. I dont know why though. But I saw this and wanted to post him on here!!!!!!!! By the way this is NOT my picture. [​IMG]

9. Ralph Moyer

Ralph Moyer Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    This is the Ameriucana hen I crossed with a Plymouth Rock rooster( barred rock)
    I no longer have the rooster. The hen is about 5 years old and still lays a robin blue egg daily when she is not molten.

The following photos are of the results. I have pictured some of the cross hens and three roosters.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Ralph Moyer

Ralph Moyer Chillin' With My Peeps

The Barred Rock EE's lay an dull olive green egg.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by