Post Office has lost our birds!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by MrsChickendad, Sep 15, 2010.

1. MrsChickendad

MrsChickendad Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Lennon, Michigan
    [​IMG]

I carefully planned and packed up 6 bantam cochins to send from Michigan to Massachusetts on Monday night. Guaranteed delivery was 3 p.m. Tuesday. It is Wednesday a.m. and the PO CANNOT FIND THEM!!!!! They checked out of Flint @ 6:39 Monday, no updates since. I contacted them with tracking #s, they are "researching" it.

Anyone have any ideas what else to do??? We put 2 bunches of grapes in each 2 bird box, so they do have some liquid. I AM SO FRUSTRATED!!! And on top of that, my computer died BIG TIME! I sure hope this day gets better.

2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    [​IMG] the only thing you can do is stay on the POs back....keep calling/checking making them look for them. Good luck. At least they have some nutrition in the box.

3. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    Before you freak out too much, take a deep breath and give them a chance to arrive today. I was told everytime that birds I shipped or getting would arrive the next day. In most cases I found that they were arriving in two days and just fine. USPS also no longer offers refunds if they do not make it next day, just FYI. Now if they don't arrive today, then get worried but I think you will find that they make their destination today. Good luck and keep us posted! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by