Post office lost my box of eggs !!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by poultrykeeper08, Nov 15, 2008.

1. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    i checked my tracking this morning and it said that my box made it to my post office so i figure i would get it when the mail came . Well it didnt so i called the PO and they said they didnt know where it was so they would give me a call . That was at ! and its now 4 .
    So all in all im not very happy with the PO right now .

2. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    Can you drive down there? Are the open today?

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Well if they cant find them i hope those eggs start rotting and explode and stink the room up,

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

You wouldn't believe what they'll do. I know this because it was confirmed by my own postmaster here. They misrouted my pkg once, but someone where it ended up actually crossed out the zip and wrote the zip where it went by mistake so they could blame the sender. Then they just dumped it on a truck and it arrived at a P.O. an hour from me. My postmaster actually drove an hour away to get it and he told me it was required that they do that if the pkg is misdirected. Someone even scanned that it was delivered to my P.O. and they told my postmaster to lie about it. My postmaster was so ashamed! He just kept shaking his head.

5. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    I got my boxes FEWWW i was so scared . Of course one of the boxes had a whole on the side and 5 broken eggs but at least i got them . I have them sitting now . Does every one wait 8 hours before they put them in the incubator ???

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I wait till they are at least room temp so there is no condensation when they go in a warm bator. Could be 4 hours or more.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by