Post Office made me go crazy chicken lady!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sphinx, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    I hate it when other people force me to look mentally unstable. [​IMG]

I have some eggs shipping in, and according to the UPSP site, they left this morning at 10:30 to be delivered to my house.

So I'm sitting here waiting, ohhhhh sooooo patiently.

Then I have to leave to pick up a kid from school. I saw the delivery truck about 15 houses down, and was excited because I'd have eggs when I got home.

So, I get home and NO EGGS. I check their status thing again, and it says they're still out for delivery.

I called them, and they didn't really know what to say, except maybe call back in a couple hours if they haven't come?

I wait a couple hours and nothing. I call again. No answer. I call again. No answer. It's now about 15 minutes from when the post office closes, so I drive down there.

They look around for it, and don't see it anywhere there. She did say the driver (who is a backup, mine is on vacation) came back, and then went out again.

Sooooooo, I'm hoping they're almost here. I felt like a total dork when I was talking to people on the phone and at the office, but I was super polite and nice, so maybe I just seemed mildly eccentric and polite.

2. williamsl77

williamsl77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2011
    Northeast
    Oh, the post office. Good luck. They lost my last set of shipped eggs for 4 days. Amazingly enough, they showed up and with what appeared like little damage. We'll see... they are day 2 in the incubator. 8)

3. suebee

suebee Speaks Silkie Fluently

Apr 1, 2007
    N. Carolina
    Oh I feel your pain! Now I make the shipper put a hold on them so when they arrive at my PO they call me to pick them up. [​IMG]

4. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    USPS......sigh. Mine were sent to an old address I haven't had in over 2 years. I live in NC and they took my eggs to Delaware. They eventually arrived 9 days later. I set them and none hatched.

5. cjwaldon

cjwaldon Overrun With Chickens

Sep 11, 2011
    Missouri, USA
    My Coop
    My eggs were supposed to be at the post office today but they're a no show. I blame it on the holidays. I'll check that tracking number again when I get home.

6. Sphinx

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    Still nothing.

The lady at the post office actually looked around the post office, and it wasn't there. So, I'm hoping it's on the truck. She did say the driver came back, and then left again. So, as of an hour ago, he was out delivering stuff.

7. Sphinx

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    oh dear.

Now, it just suddenly updated and said they "left a notice" at 11:26am. Whatever.

8. suebee

Apr 1, 2007
    N. Carolina
    Quote:I'd tell the PO to call her on cell phone to re-deliver...or you can meet her wherever she's at. Yes, they'll know you're a crazy chicken lady but so what.

9. Sphinx

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    I'm not sure if I can do that- the local office closed 30 minutes ago.

I've been on hold for customer service for 20 minutes.

I don't care about being crazy chicken lady now. They've lost it somewhere.

10. suebee

Apr 1, 2007
    N. Carolina
    Quote:The carrier probably took it back to the PO for tomorrow's delivery. I'm sure she doesn't know they're eggs. She WILL know tomorrow when delivered to you. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by