Post Office Rant!!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by K7 Menagerie, Apr 19, 2009.

1. K7 Menagerie

K7 Menagerie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    Bend, OR
    So, I spent a lot of money to purchase some gorgeous, top quality Black Copper Maran chicks from Bumblebeehillschickenfarm. He shipped them right out to me via Express Mail (insured, thankfully) on Wednesday, April 15. I waited. And waited. Called the Post Office AGAIN. Waited. Stopped by the Post Office. Waited. They never showed up. I kept checking the tracking number, we found out they were somehow misrouted to Texas. C'mon. Maryland to Oregon, how did they get stalled in Texas? Here it is Sunday, and all the tracking number shows is "Missent". No clue where they are, IF they ever show up I will be receiving a box of dead chicks. Great. Sure, I'll get my money back from the Post Office, but that's not the issue here! Grrrrrrr. [​IMG]

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Jeez, its been happening alot lately! Even my hatching eggs were misrouted as well!

3. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Grrr!!!!! I've found tracking is worthless. Almost all my packages I know about them arriving here before they ever show up on tracking. I hope that somehow your chicks make it. My hatchery shipment got delayed in the mail 4.5 days though and I did not have pretty results. [​IMG] My fingers are crossed they call you today and say they have a box of peeping chicks for you.

4. Homesteading_Bound

Homesteading_Bound Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Madison,Ohio
    Ohhh, Poor Babies Thank goodness that is not a common mistake when they transport live chicks.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Pobody's Nerfect. It happens with UPS, FedEx, etc. too

6. K7 Menagerie

K7 Menagerie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2008
    Bend, OR
    I know it happens......but it's not like we're shipping a quilt here where if it gets delayed somewhere, no big deal. You would think that there would be an extra level of care applied when they see that it's something ALIVE.

7. Homesteading_Bound

Homesteading_Bound Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Madison,Ohio
    I know we all agree to that...

8. Blueroo63

Blueroo63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    N.Texas
    I had the same problem with the post office and because of that a few people have posted ugly stuff about me and called me bad name and are trying to ruin my reputation on here,say that there's noway I could have sent this because they are in such small towns that everyone knows them and beleave me it is very upsetting to be called a lier when you know you are not and that you did what you said you would when you would,PO is getting to be a joke these days,I don't even want to deal with people that require shipping anymore all because of the Post Office and your right the tracking system they offer is nothing can't even say what I think of they're tracking.i feel for you poor babies [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Hippie Chickie

Hippie Chickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Port Orchard
    As a postal employee I say complain. Complain to the postmaster, ask for the phone number of the district or regional manager. USPS is trying to improve customer relations and the only way the people who can actually do anything will know if there is a problem is for people to complain. Now don't start yelling and screaming. When you go in to finally pick up your chicks do this. Have the tracking info printed to show the detour, calmly ask to speak to the supervisor or postmaster. Explain calmly that this was a live shipment and is very time sensitive. If you have not done so already open the box and explain the general health of the chicks. Explain what the chicks should look like when they have benn recieved in a timely manner. Ask why they were missent, ask what the P.O> is planning on doing to keep this from happening again. Let them know that this is not an isolated incedent. If the person that you speak too is not receptive ask for the phone number of their supervisor. Do not just give them your number for the higher up to call you. If they are receptive ask for their number to call back in a week or so to find out what they plan on doing to prevent this again. I know that this won't help this shipment of chicks. It might help future shipmaents though. If they don't have an answer on what to do prevention wise in a resonable amount of time ask for the sepervisors number and work your way up the chain. Contact the shipper also and ask them to contact the post office for an explenation. If you have to talk to a district or regional manager have the shipping info as well as the time date and name of the person you talked to. Be a very persistant polite bur under their saddle.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by